Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lv 63, Zangarmarsh, and the PAA

Finally dinged 63 will all my toons yesterday, and let me tell you, it sucks. This team consists of the highest leveled toons I have ever made, so I was anxious to port back to town and scope out my new spells. All I got were:

Shadow Resistance Aura
Greater Heal
Mana Burn
Mind Blast
Amplify Magic
Arcane Missles
Frostbolt

To quote Dr. Evil: "Whoop de fricken do."

Anyways, past that, I don't like Zangarmarsh. First off, it's a swamp. I hate swamps. Sure, it looks otherworldly and has these massive creatures on 3 legs that scare the shit out of me, but it's still a swamp.

And where there is a swamp, there are trolls, and I just don't like trolls. I don't know why, but I do. I think it has to do with their voices.

Lastly, I have started to run into more and more would be gankers or just crazy smucks thinking I'm an easy kill. I can see a lv 70 swooping down when I'm on a mining node, staring for a few seconds, then opens fire. But when a lv 62 Shaman attacks me with no backup, I start to wonder about his sanity. 5vs1, and he chooses to pick the fight.

Normally, I leave people alone as I run about. Er, well I used to. Going from Hellfire Peninsula to this swampland has increased the amount of world pvp I do by an unhealthy amount, and now I regard all Alliance members from the other side of a 3x pyroblast. This change was made necessary after a lv 61 mage tailed me for about 10 min, waiting for a lv 70 warrior for reinforcement. They didn't survive, but dammit I can't leave any of these gnome lovers alive now because I fear it's going to bite me in the ass.

Personally, I blame the Penny Arcade Alliance. I don't hate them, no, they are playing the game and having fun just like I am. But they are legion. Most of the alliance that I come across are in one of their guilds, and these guys are the ones ballsy to attack solo. I never noticed these guys until now. I'm kinda hoping they don't notice me, as I don't want legions of multiboxing hating 70's coming to prove a point.

Then again, since I have changed my world pvp view to a more slash and burn perspective, I feel that my wishes and actions will counteract one another.

Oh well. I'm going to the San Diego Comicon today, and the makers of Penny Arcade will be there. I personally love their comic so I'm going to stop by and say hi, and maybe mention something about the PAA created in their name.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just saw your post on blogazeroth, and while i've never multiboxed, it looks interesting. Also, I'm alliance on dark iron, and...wait for it...one of my characters is in a PAA guild haha. He's more/less an alt right now, but I haven't really noticed anyone talking about going out on major ganking runs in my specific guild. But then again, there are like 10 or more different guilds. Anyway, just thought it was an odd string of coincidences, and wanted to say hello.

-Bremere

Caine said...

I have seen so far 4-5 different PA guilds so far, but only 2 of them I have actively fought against, Fancy lads and the Newbian Institute.

I'm just hoping that I don't get noticed by a guild or whatnot, because I have been on the recieving end of "A multiboxer killed me! OMGWTFHAX!: And they get 7-10 70's to come gank me. Not from the PAA, but I amagine if it was them it would be worse out of sheer numbers.

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Daniel said...

Just found your blog after seeing your introduction on BA. I had originally thought about making a character on Dark Iron, being big fans of Penny Arcade and PvP Online. But I heard it was a mess.

Look forward to reading more about your multi-boxing adventures!

Caine said...

I remember origionally it bieng a mess pre-BC days, or that's what I heard.

I am not usually into what's going on with the server, guild relations and all that. I'm pretty casual when it comes to WoW.

love your post on BRD btw.

Gold Guide for World of Warcraft said...

good post :)