Friday, July 25, 2008

The Toons

Here we go, my time to show off my team!


First up to bat is my main man, Caine. A prot pally through and through, he is the toon I play as my "main" and virtually everything is based off of him. There has only been one boss so far that I have failed to tank as him in my quest to conquer 5 man content (and that fool is Shade of Eranikus, and as soon as I ding 70 it's payback). Having a pally as a tank greatly reduces how much I have to focus on when I go through instances since I can pull multiple mobs and retain aggro on them all very easily. He is also my #1 toon on all upgrade descisions. If something can benifit the tank or benifit someone else, it goes to the tank.


Next up is Abyl. As you can probobly guess, these two names are based off of the biblical Cane and Abel. I know, soooo origional. Anyways, Abyl is the priest for the group. Great all around healer and occasionally throws in some shadow word: pain or holy novas when things get dicey. Frail as a feather though, her defense is only 272, which is rediculously low for a lv 62. Any mob or player that hits her is practicly guaranteed a critical or crushing blow. Additionally, she is #2 when it comes to upgrades, making her the best caster I have.


Rounding out the rest of the team is my trio of mages, Furfur, Furfir, and Furfar. At the time I was searching for names, I came accross this wikipedia entry of demon names, and Furfur was one of them. So, I rolled with it for no real reason, and made slight edits for the other two. These 3 get the shaft end when it comes to gear, specificly the latter two. That said, all produce decent (imo) DPS for thier level since they are all a mix between fire and arcane. Like Abyl, thier defense is pitiful, all well under 300.


Right now my progression has gotten me to Blood Furnace. So far I have completed the following Instances at thier respective levels. And by completed, I mean every boss killed.


Gnomeregan - lv 28
All of Scarlet Monestary - lv 30, 33, 36, 38
Uldaman - lv40
Zul'Farrak - lv 44
Maraudon - lv 46


I have tried other instances, such as Scholo and Strat, but Outlands is just too irrisistable for me to ignore. And to grind through these and get gear that's going to be immediatly replaced by Outland quests.


As a side note, while I have owned and played WoW since release, I have never leveled any toons to 70. In fact, the highest toon I have is my origional gnome warlock Vincenta, and she sits at 62. My Team just dinged 62 recently, so I have just about hit where I have left off since BC came out. Everything from this point on is completely new to me, including all outland instances and quests. I am fucking excited.


Well, that's it for this one. I'll leave you with a pic of my victory over Vazruden and Nazan, by far the hardest boss encounter I have ever had to fight so far.



No comments: