Saturday, July 26, 2008

PVP and boxing

One thing that I have learned so far as a multiboxer is that you gain a lot of attention you otherwise wouldn't have gotten. To you, seeing 4 toons who look the same follow another same looking toon is normal. To others, it's a freak occurrence that needs to be investigated. And for the opposite faction looking in, it's just safe to assume their bots. And boy, does everyone hate bots.

I was fortunate while I leveled up as I had instances to hide away from the majority of players who get their hard on making sure lowbies continue to dread Strangelthorn Vale. Mindy was not so lucky as she only 3 boxes, but she had Amanda assist her most of the time.

Now that I am 62, I have enough experience with my setup and my few encounters in World PVP to be more than a match for most small groups my level, and also take down the occasional lv 70 ganker. But, that is the extent my group can go I'm afraid. Prot Pallies and Holy Priests aren't known for their DPS, and 3 mages can only carry so far.

So, I decided to try to start a team that is what most people in the general forums complain about. 4-5 man teams of multiboxers, all Shamans.

Why Shamans? Versatility my friend. 5 Shamans brings 5x the totems, enough to buff the entire party with everything a shaman can bring for a PVP fight. They eventually wear mail, making physical attacks easier to handle. They can heal, always a plus. They do great burst damage, and at lv 70 they can bring the dreaded Elemental Mastery + Nature's Swiftness + Chain lightning x5, basically creating an "I win" button not only against a single opponent, but also against his two closest buddies.

BUT! I don't like doing what everyone else is doing. Sure, all the cool kids are boxing with shamans, but I kinda want to do something different. Mages are out of the question as I already have 3. So.....what about 5 warlocks? 5 felguards can do ruin anyone's day, and I can dot up people for lots of damage. I can be undead for their awesome racial. I would even have some survivability with soul link and whatnot. My only problem that I foresee is lack of burst damage. Maybe I won't need it?

So, here I am, torn between 5 shamans and 5 warlocks. I made a shaman team just in case, to try out for a while this tried and true build. I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments: