Monday, August 4, 2008

And now for something completely different...

So, I dinged 65 with my team and have been steadily progressing to 66. Been focusing mainly in Nagrand, and I love it. Nagrand is such an awsome place with some really cool mobs to fight. I particularly like assisting the Mag'har and meeting Garrosh. Bieng the huge lore nerd that I am, and since orc lore specificly strikes a chord with me (Hellscream, Broxigar and Ogrim FTW), I will go ahead and declare Nagrand as my favorite Outland zone. Sure, Garrosh is acting like a hissy schoolgirl at the moment but it all changes once you complete a lengthy epic questline.

Anyways, overall it's been good, but the double XP is gone now and leveling slowed to a crawl. As much as I want to do instances, I equally want to get to the level cap as soon as possible so I can really focus on nothing but instances, tradeskills and reputations. Doing instances now, while enjoyable, have 2 large negatives to it. 1st, even with double XP, it slows down my leveling speed a ton. I have to learn each instance from scratch, so it takes me hours to complete something that takes a normal group 50 min. 2nd, it's time consuming. I often don't get huge chunks of time to play uninterupted, so doing an instance run typicly means weekends.

So, I decided to change it up a bit and have some fun. I rolled 5 shammies and went at it.

It's.....ok. Sure, shamans end up pretty damn powerful, but when they start out, they are weak as all hell. Plus, both Orc and Tauren starting places are horrible for boxers, with Tauren bieng the worst (mainly collection quests there). I have 5 Orc shaman, and the quests in Durotar are just killing me. I feel like I am leveling so slow since there isn't a lot of quests. I was going to go to silvermoon to do level there, but then I remembered they don't have a shaman trainer, so I didn't bother.

After spending about 4 hours on those guys, I saw this pic (from WoWinsider). I want you to take a good look at it. In fact, to ensure you looked at it, here it is:




Now, picture 5 hunters with that exact pet, all chasing after the same guy. Specificly, some Gnome.

Needless to say, I immediatly made a 5x Tauren hunter team, and they are awsome. They are only lv 9 now, but it just feels so much better to play as than with the shamans. Smoother would be a better word. Autoshot kills basicly anything before it reaches me, and I don't have to spam the key since it..well...auto shoots. If I want it to die quicker, 5x Arcane shot plus a regular Auto Shot puts anything out of it's misery at the moment. Unlike my shamans, I don't have to wait on mana and just keep going. I also can do quests in Silvermoon, which is a major plus because it's so much better than Mulgor or Durotar. Plus, I get pets in one more level, and I like pets.

In short, all 3 teams are fun to play, but for different reasons. My main team can do instances at a moment's notice, which is fun for me when I want to do instances. My shamans will be for pvp arenas should I get them up high enough (right now I need to get them over the hurdle of it's just sucky leveling them in starter zones). The hunters are just for fun really, no real ryme or reason other than I really like the hunter class but never bothered to play it.

And on a side note, after playing 3 classes through instances and whatnot, playing just 1 class is a breeze. Seriously. No real fancy binding or segregating your keyboard out. Push 1, and everyone autoshoots. Push 2, everyone Arcane shoots. Push F1, all pets attack current target (coming soon). Nice and simple, just the way I like it.

I'll put up pics when I can.

No comments: